Raychem Frostguard System
FrostGuard Ready to Install Frost Protection Kits
Our range of FrostGuard products are designed for domestic water pipes and are ideal for boiler condensate pipes. Simple to install - just plug in and go!
Pre-terminated, self regulating, 10W/m frost protection cable for pipes. The product includes a 2.5m electrical cable and UK mains plug for quick and easy connection to the power supply and instructions.
Unlike constant wattage cables this self regulating cable will not overheat and does not require a thermostat to regulate the temperature. The cable adjusts its power output dependent upon ambient temperature, therefore more heat is generated automatically when needed and less heat in warmer ambient conditions, saving energy.
Product selection phase
- Pre-installed with an electrical plug and cold lead to avoid the need for electrical wiring and connections.
- Self regulating technology delivers just the heat that is needed
- Available in 10 sizes (varying length of heating cable)
|Product||Heating Cable Length (m)||Raychem Part Number|
The installation phase
- The quickest and easiest installation possible. Simply plug into the RCD protected electrical supply and go!
- Fix the cable to the pipe with GT-66 adhesive tape for steel pipes, GS-54 for stainless steel pipes, or ATE-180 aluminium tape for plastic pipes.
- Ideal for small diameter pipework up to 80mm.
- An excellent solution for temporary pipe installations.
- The right choice for domestic and small commercial buildings.
- Nominal power: 10W/m @ 5°C
- Voltage: 230 VAC
- Max. exposure temperature (Powered): 65°C
- Min. Installation temperature: -10°C
- Heating cable: Self regulating cable with fluoropolymer jacket in compliance with IEC62395
- Approvals: CE/VDE approved
Reduce operating energy usage by up to 80%
Raychem part number: 1244-011308
The Raychem FrostGuard ECO pipe frost protection control device gives an 80% energy saving delivering heat only when it is needed.
The new control device is an accurate, electronic device with an external sensor. It can be placed on the pipe for line sensing control or in the ambient for pipe frost protection of heated systems. FrostGuard-ECO is "plug and play" with no electrical wiring involved, simply plug the heating cable into the controller and the controller into the electrical socket for instant frost protection.
Unlike many domestic pipe freeze protection control products, FrostGuard-ECO uses electronic switching control rather than the older bi-metal switching technology which is far less accurate. This means that FrostGuard-ECO delivers heat only when needed, saving energy over the more basic solutions and can be retro-installed onto an existing FrostGuard heating kit installation.