Snow Melting of Ramps, Access Ways and Footpaths
Ice and snow on paths, loading bays, driveways, ramps, stairs and other access ways, can present a major problem causing accidents and delays. To help prevent this liability, Raychem provides a complete range of ground heating solutions to prevent snow and ice formation.
The Raychem range of products has been specifically designed to meet the requirements of commercial, industrial, and residential applications. Whether in concrete, sand, or asphalt, a Raychem system exists to provide a fast, reliable, and easy- to- install solution.
Each Raychem heating solution is complete with a Smart control and monitoring unit, providing useful user data and excellent energy efficient performance. The multi-sensor control and monitoring device (VIA-DU-20) is compatible with all ramp snow melting solutions.
Why choose a Raychem electric snow melting system?
Robust and Reliable
Raychem surface heating systems are built to withstand demanding installation conditions and to give reliable ice and snow melting across the installed surface. The system's heat trace cable is available as a cut-to-length and on site terminated product, and also available in factory supplied, pre-terminated units for increased peace of mind.
Flexible Design & Installation
Raychem systems are flexible in design and installation:
- Easy design for complex heated areas: ramps or access ways with irregular shapes.
- Simple selection to meet the proposed ramp/ground profile. Whether in sand/cement mix or directly under asphalt.
- Fast installation formats to reduce installation time on site.
Up to 80% energy savings
Compatible with the 'Smart' Raychem VIA-DU-20 control unit for up to 80% energy savings over standard thermostatic controls. The control unit features a combined sensor module, which measures ground temperature, ground moisture and ambient temperature. Working together, these sensors only aactivate the surface heating when ice and snow conditions exist. Conventional systems start working when the temperature falls below a set point. In comparison, the VIA-DU-20 control unit remains off until ice or snow is present, and as a result reduces the energy use - and cost - of operating the snow melting system.
The Product Range
- Heating Cables - EM2-XRSelf-regulating trace heating cable for ramp heating and surface snow melting to a maximum of 100°C exposure temperature. 90W/m @ 0°C, EM2-CMConstant wattage heating mats for concrete, screed, sand bed & under pavers. 300W/m2, EM4-CWPre-terminated constant wattage heating cable for concrete stairs and wheelchair access ramps, FS-C-2XSelf-regulating heating cable for fire escapes and stairwells with solid metal treads at maximum of 65°C operating temperature. 10W/m at 5°C
- Control Panels - SBS-xx-CM-20Multi circuit control panel for use with EM2-CM cable, SBS-xx-CW-40Multi-circuit control panel for for use with EM4-CW cable, SBS-xx-VV-20Multi-circuit control panel for for use with EM2-XR cable, SBS-R-EMMulti-circuit control panel for surface snow-melting systems., SBS-R-GMMulti-circuit control panel for gutter frost protection systems., ACS-30Multiple application control & monitoring system for electrical heat tracing
- Controller Units - VIA-DU-20Ramp heating multi-sensor controller
- Connection Kits - VIA-CE1Cold lead connection and end seal kit.